COVID-19 Protocols for Community Services for In-Person Programs (Fall 2021)
Given the ongoing realities of COVID-19, our Community Services programs will maintain safety protocols for Fall 2021 and require clients to comply with protocols to ensure the health and safety of us all.
Given the ongoing realities of COVID-19, our Community Services programs will maintain our safety protocols for Fall 2021:
- Strongly encouraging all staff members and Community Services clients aged 12+ to get fully vaccinated.
- Welcoming only scheduled Community Services clients into the building.
- Requiring all clients and staff members to wear masks when entering Foothills Academy and in all common areas of the building.
- Not allowing individuals with COVID symptoms into the building.
- Requesting that all entrants sanitize their hands upon arrival and exit, and encouraging regular hand washing while clients are at Foothills.
- Maximizing the ventilation in our building.
- Ensuring frequent cleaning occurs in high-touch areas between client visits.
- Regularly cleaning any materials and/or equipment that may be shared with future clients.
- Ensuring masks remain on until a client and staff member are in a room where they can maintain a 2-metre distance, or, they are seated on opposite sides of a barrier.
- Ensuring anyone with COVID-19 symptoms receives a negative test result, or isolates for 10 days before returning to our programs.
- Requiring any client who experiences COVID-19 symptoms during their program to be picked up by parent/guardian as soon as possible.
Therefore, we ask that you help us keep everyone safe by complying with the following procedures for all of our clients:
- Please review the COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist, and if you answer “Yes” to any questions please call us and DO NOT ATTEND YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- Please bring your own snacks and a water bottle that are clearly labelled.
- Please do not bring unnecessary items with you into the building.
- Masks are mandatory in the common areas of the building.
- There is a Parent Drop-off checkpoint set up at our front entrance, about 10 metres before the main doors. Parents are unable to enter the building; only clients will be able to go past that point. Staff members will meet the client at the checkpoint, and escort them into the building. The young person will be escorted back to the same location at the end of their appointment.
- All individuals will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entry and exit of the building, and they will be encouraged to wash their hands regularly during their appointment.
- Non-compliance with physical-distancing requirements, or other health guidelines, will result in termination of services.