FAPA 2022 Raffle Information for Sellers
Information for Foothills Academy Parents
The annual raffle operated by the Foothills Academy Parents Association (FAPA) supports students at Foothills Academy.
Funds raised through the raffle and 50/50 draw support the bursary fund which is made available to any family in need of financial assistance to attend the school.
We are very excited to launch our raffle website, and now look to you, our amazing Foothills families, to spread the word about the raffle. As there are no raffle venues in 2022, we will use social media reach of our families to drive ticket sales.
Please share the website link with family, friends, and co-workers, post the link to your various social media sites, and let’s get the word out and raise funds for the wonderful students of Foothills Academy!
(Note that AGLC rules require that all ticket sales must be made by residents of Alberta who are 18 years of age and older.)
You can find the page at the following link: https://www.foothillsacademy.org/support-us/car-raffle
Do You Want a Poster to Direct Sales to Support Your Family?
Download a PDF of this customizable poster through this link or the button on the sidebar. Hang it up in the workplace or neighbour mailbox or community space.
- The poster is Intended for colour prints (as opposed to B&W). Make it eye-catching.
- In the space provided on the poster make sure to clearly hand-print with a black marker, your child or your name so they will know what to put in the "Referred By" box.
Do You Want a Graphic to Share on Social Media?
What Can People Win?
First Prize! 2022 GMC Canyon Denali (valued at over $55K)...OR...$50,000 in Cash!!
Second prize is $2,500 cash and third prize is $750 cash.
How do people purchase tickets?
The raffle ticket purchase process is quick and simple with our secure online ticket sales system. On the Foothills Academy FAPA raffle page, purchasers will see a few different “Buy Tickets” buttons, clicking any of these will take you to our secure ticket purchase page.
- Main Raffle: Purchasers will select their ticket choice for the main raffle which enters them to win the truck or cash. They can purchase a single ticket or a bundle package.
- 50/50 Raffle: They will also have the opportunity to purchase a 50/50 ticket or bundle. If all the 50/50 tickets sell, the jackpot will be $100,000 meaning that the winner will get $50,000!
- Super Pack: For purchasers who want to maximize their chances, they can buy a Super Pack consisting of 1 x 25 tickets ($100) for the truck or cash raffle plus 1 x 15 ($50) 50/50 tickets.
- Referred By: At the bottom of the Contact Information page there is a box asking if they were “Referred By” anyone. The name entered in the "Referred By" box will be used to track ticket sales against Family Commitment. So, this is an important step for our families selling tickets. Purchasers can enter either your child's name or your name.
- Please ensure that you provide instructions about "Referred" when you email family or friends, or post on your social media platforms. This will help ensure that your effort is properly tracked towards your Family Commitment. The Family Commitment remains $600 in ticket sales per family.
- Payment: Credit Card is the only accepted form of payment for ticket sales. Once they have entered all payment information they will be asked to confirm their order. Once their order is placed they will receive their tickets via the email address they entered on the Contact Info page.
- Tickets will be on sale until 11:59 pm November 16, 2022. The draw will take place on November 18, 2022
Raffle tickets may not be sold to persons under 18 years of age. Raffle ticket sellers must advise adult ticket buyers not to write the name of a person under the age of 18 years on the ticket due to the requirement of the Public Trustee Act. There are no other restrictions on the participation of families. (AGLC Rules)
All purchasers must be in Alberta when the ticket is purchased. (AGLC Rules)
How Many Tickets Are Available?
The truck raffle will sell a maximum of 52,375 tickets.
The 50/50 raffle will sell a maximum of 27,500 tickets.