40th Anniversary Celebration
Don’t Stop Believin’
Celebrating yesterday, Envisioning tomorrow
Presented by Centron Group
Join us! On Saturday, November 9, 2019, we’ll travel back in time to the 1980s to celebrate the early years of Foothills Academy and commemorate our 40th anniversary with a party like no other! We are inviting our Foothills Academy family and supporters together for this milestone event, right here at the school, where wonderful memories were made and continue to be made.
- General Admission (starting at 7 pm) tickets are $50 and include fun interactive experiences throughout the school including a DJ and dance, a gaming room, a funny money casino, a wine and cheese bar, and so much more. Doors open at 7 pm.
- VIP Experience Package tickets are $200 and include a four-course gourmet meal and a live auction before the party kicks off. Only 200 VIP tickets available! And don’t forget to flaunt your best 80’s fashions. The VIP Experience begins at 5 pm.
Please note this is an 18+ event.
Not only is this a celebration of our past, it’s also about shaping our future. We have bold plans as we enter into our fifth decade. We will share our vision to expand and enhance the innovative work that has made Foothills Academy a leader in Learning Disabilities education in Calgary and beyond. And we want to hear from you! The event will offer interactive ways for you to share your dreams for our school community.
All guests will enjoy:
- DJ & Dance: Show off your dance moves or just connect with old friends at our dance. The gymnasium will be transformed into a space you’ll barely recognize and unlike high school dances, this one will be licensed. Live music will be provided by Foothills Alumnus Armando Barahona. Alumnus Brad Melin will be the DJ.
- Memories Room: Take a walk down memory lane by looking through old year books and photos and visiting with staff - including Gordon Bullivant - from the past 40 years. There’s also a chance to create new memories when you stop at the Photo Booth. While you’re here, enjoy a signature 40th Anniversary cocktail.
- Visioning Room: What should Foothills Academy look like in 10 years? What programs should we be offering? Come and find out what we are thinking about and share your ideas with us.
- British Pub: Catch up with friends over a pint of beer at our pub with some of your favourite staff bartending. Some fun pub activities such as trivia contests and horse races will be offered. Enjoy quiet music provided by Foothills alumnus Michael Gibson.
- Spin to Win Wheels and Raffles: Spread around the building, you’ll find Spin to Win Wheels and interesting raffles. All proceeds go to the 40th Anniversary Legacy Fund.
- Gaming Room: Experience a VRKADE virtual reality arcade provided by Foothills Alumnus Warren Tremblay and other arcade games such
- as foosball and air hockey while enjoying some popcorn & other fun snacks. The funny money casino will provide a fun activity to try when you need a break from the dance floor.
- Wine & Cheese Bar: A quiet space to catch up with friends, try some wine and enjoy a selection of cheese & crackers.
- Silent Auction: There will be a large silent auction spread throughout the building. Be the successful bidder and you could go home with
- some great items. All proceeds go to the 40th Anniversary Legacy Fund.
- Pizza Room: Starting at 8 pm, if you start to get hungry, grab a little taste of Italy. You’ll be able to enjoy some hot pizza and a beverage in the Pizza Room.
- Dessert Room: It isn’t a birthday party without cake! Come by the dessert room to enjoy 40th birthday cupcakes, coffee and tea.
Corporate sponsorship for this event are available. Please click on the PDF sponsorship package for more information.
PS. In honour of our 40th Anniversary and looking forward into our next decade of serving our Foothills family, we are establishing a 40th Anniversary Legacy Fund. Click here to donate. All funds raised by this event will go toward the 40th Anniversary Legacy Fund to support students with Learning Disabilities at Foothills Academy now and in the future.