School Intake Criteria
In order to be considered for the school program, a child must meet the following criteria:
1. The child must have a current diagnosis of a Learning Disability as their primary diagnosis. The child may also have additional diagnoses such as ADHD or anxiety.
Please Note: the intake criteria for our Community Services programs are broader than the school program. Amicus and Psycho-educational group programs require a diagnosis of a Learning Disability OR ADHD. Read/Write & Math, Assessment, Counselling or Parent Workshops do not require a diagnosis. Check out our Community Services programs to see if they may be applicable to you and your family.
School Application Process
Applicants for the school program must complete and submit the School Application form, complete with necessary documentation. A non-refundable processing fee of $50 must accompany the application.
For your ease and convenience, we have created and included a checklist of items that we require. This information must be supplied before we can proceed with your child’s application. Upon receipt of the documentation and completed application form, and after reviewing the information, we will contact you concerning your child’s application to attend Foothills Academy. If there is any further information you require, please do not hesitate to call. We look forward to hearing from you.
Application Check List
- A psychological assessment completed within 3 years of the present application date. The assessment must show that the child has been diagnosed with a Learning Disability.
- Recent W.I.S.C. IV or W.I.S.C. V results including the sub-test scores as well as the Full Scale I.Q., Verbal Comprehension, Perceptual Reasoning, Working Memory and Processing Speed
- Recent standardized testing in math, reading and spelling. We need the grade level scores from these tests. (Examples of the types of testing are the WIATII, Woodcock-Johnson, Gates MacGinitie or CTBS.) This should be completed as part of the Psychological Assessment process.
- Copies of all report cards, I.P.P.’s, cumulative records and all additional information/assessments, which might be useful in determining the type of program, required to meet the child’s needs. At some point during the intake process, it is likely that we will wish to speak to the child’s teacher.
- A vision and hearing test should be administered.
The completed School Application and $50.00 non-refundable process fee.
If you do not have copies of all the required documents, send the Consent to Release Form with a covering request letter, to the School Board, Doctor, Psychologist, etc. that tested your child so they will release their test information to Foothills Academy.