Tuition, Bursary & Family Commitment
The tuition fee for the 2022-23 school year is $15,900. The tuition fee for 2023-24 will be set by the Board of Governors in the spring of 2023.
What is included in the Tuition Fee? Practically Everything!
- Low student to teacher ratio in each class
- Transportation (city of Calgary and some surrounding communities)
- All field trip costs
- All technology costs including use of an individual device (iPad, Chrome book, laptop) every day at school
- Onsite psychologist team and some specialized Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Therapy services
- School supplies & textbook rental fees
- There are no uniform costs
- For gym, students require black shorts and white t-shirts. Purchased gym strip is available but optional.
We provide a discount for families when multiple family members attend the school:
- Two children - $5,400 discount
- Three children - $9,100 discount
Tuition Payment Schedule
You can choose the payment schedule that works best for you. You can choose to pay your tuition fees immediately, all at one time (August 1), in 3 installments (Aug. 1, Oct.1 & Dec. 1) or in 10 installments (Aug. 1 - May 1).
Please note: Once a family enrolls their child in Foothills Academy, they are responsible for paying the full tuition fee even if the student is withdrawn or expelled during the school year. If notice of withdrawal is received after June 1st, the family is responsible for paying the first month's tuition fee.
Medical Expense Receipt for Tuition
You will receive a Medical Expense Receipt for the full amount of the tuition you have paid. You can use this to claim your child’s tuition as a Medical Expense on your income tax. Many Foothills’ families are successfully claiming this deduction but it is ultimately up to the Canada Revenue Agency to decide on eligibility.
Tuition may be reduced when there is clear evidence of financial need. Parents requesting such assistance will be required to complete the Tuition Reduction Application and submit supporting documents (ie. A financial summary, pay stubs and the most recent Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment). Approval is for one year at a time.
Since its beginning, parents and guardians at Foothills Academy have ensured that no child in need has been turned away from our school program for financial reasons. This has been achieved through the Family Commitment, which requires everyone to assist in fundraising. This year, our goal is to raise $1,000,000 for the bursary fund. Once your child is accepted at the school, you can set up a meeting with Kathleen Gurski, Manager of Community and Alumni Engagement, to discuss this further.