Tuition, Bursary & Family Commitment
The tuition fee for the 2019-20 school year is $15,600. The tuition fee for 2020-21 will be set by the Board of Governors in the spring of 2020.
What is included in the Tuition Fee? Practically Everything!
- Low student to teacher ratio in each class
- Transportation (city of Calgary and some surrounding communities)
- All field trip costs
- All technology costs including use of an individual device (iPad, Chrome book, laptop) every day at school
- Onsite psychologist team and some specialized Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Therapy services
- School supplies & textbook rental fees
- There are no uniform costs
- For gym, students require black shorts and white t-shirts. Purchased gym strip is available but optional.
We provide a discount for families when multiple family members attend the school:
- Two children - 15% discount
- Three children - 30% discount
Tuition Payment Schedule
You can choose a payment schedule that works best for you. Whether you pay your tuition fees all at one time, quarterly or in monthly installments, there are no additional charges. You can choose to pay by cheque or credit card.
Medical Expense Receipt for Tuition
You will receive a Medical Expense Receipt for the full amount of the tuition you have paid. You can use this to claim your child’s tuition as a Medical Expense on your income tax. Many Foothills’ families are successfully claiming this deduction but it is ultimately up to the Canada Revenue Agency to decide on eligibility.
Tuition may be reduced when there is clear evidence of financial need. Parents requesting such assistance will be required to complete the Tuition Reduction Application and submit supporting documents (ie. A financial summary, pay stubs and the most recent Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment). Approval is for one year at a time. Tuition Reduction Application forms are available on the Bursary page.
Since its beginning, parents and guardians at Foothills Academy have ensured that no child in need has been turned away from our school program for financial reasons. This has been achieved through the Family Commitment which requires everyone to assist in fundraising. This year our goal is to raise $1,000,000 for the bursary fund. Once your child is accepted at the school, you can set up a meeting with the Business Administrator to discuss this further.