Amicus and Psychology Groups Intake Criteria
Please note: the intake process can take up to 2 weeks from the point when all intake documents are received, and is subject to further delays dependent on overall volume of intakes being processed. It is ideal to begin the process well before the program start date to ensure there is time to complete the process and ensure availability in the program.
Intake Criteria for all Programs:
We serve children and teens from ages 8 to 18 diagnosed with a Learning Disability and/or ADHD with lagging social skills.
Specifically, the intake criteria are:
- Diagnosed Learning Disability and/or ADHD
- Learning Disability and/or ADHD must be diagnosed by a psychologist or pediatrician (ADHD only) and is considered to be the child's primary diagnosis. For individuals with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Level 1, this diagnosis must be secondary to their Learning Disability and/or ADHD.
- Average to above-average IQ
- A full-scale IQ (FSIQ) or general ability index (GAI) of 85 or above as indicated in the psycho-educational assessment.
- No significant emotional or behavioural regulation challenges
- The individual is able to participate in a 3:1 child to staff member ratio. If the child requires 1:1 behavioural and/or emotional regulation support for more than 50% of the day or has significant emotional or behaviour regulation challenges (see below) they would not qualify for our program. We do not have aides or parents attend programs with our participants.
- Participants are able to stay in large groups consistently
- The child will be in groups of up to 36 campers for some components of Amicus summer programming and up to 12 participants for Psychology groups. Significant emotional regulation challenges would include: consistently running away and/or hiding when upset, consistently unable to regulate emotions with support from adults, etc.
- Significant behavioural regulation challenges would include; frequent physical contact with others (hitting, biting, spitting, etc.), unable to leave a situation with support from an adult, etc.
Intake & Registration Process
Please note: Please provide our intake team with up to 5-7 business days to confirm and invoice parents/guardians for camp registrations.
We require all of the following documents in order to review and assess for intake approval:
Complete ourAmicus Camps and Recreation Parent Intake Form
Most recent psycho-educational assessment. If your child has not undergone a psycho-educational assessment or is currently being assessed, we can accept a pediatrician letter dated within the last 2 years in place of the assessment.
- Copy of your child’s Individualized Program Plan (IPP) or Learning Support Plan (LSP)
. If your child does not have an IPP or LSP, please specify this when submitting the intake documents.
- Teacher Intake Form -
please forward the link to the teacher intake form that is provided at the bottom of the parent intake form. It is an intake form to gain the teacher’s perspective. When the teacher completes the form, it will be automatically returned to us. If your child is homeschooled, attends school online, or the teacher is unable to complete the form due to school board policy, please reach out to our Intake Coordinator for alternative options for the Teacher Intake Form
If you require assistance in completing any of the provided registration forms, please reach out to our Intake Coordinator.
Request for Financial Assistance: