Inside ADHD for Educators
10 Module Online Learning
Resources on this page
Our facilitated online course, Inside ADHD for Educators, takes you inside the world of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) at school, one module at a time. This 10-module course has been designed for professionals who work with or plan to work with students with ADHD. Our mission is to increase knowledge, skills, and abilities to maximize teacher and student success.
- Introduction to ADHD: causes, myths VS facts, trajectory
- ADHD Diagnosis: symptoms, the role of the teacher and the psychologist, best practices for treatment planning
- ADHD and Executive Functions: general executive function development and process, analysis of how they relate to ADHD
- ADHD and Cognitive Proficiency: deep dive into how working memory and processing speed impact learning and how it relates to students with ADHD
- ADHD Impact on Social and Emotional Functioning: an exploration into the social and emotional experience for students with ADHD
- ADHD and Associated Disorders: conditions that commonly co-occur with ADHD including Learning Disabilities, Behaviour Disorders, Anxiety, Depression, etc.
- The ADHD Brain and Learning: how the ADHD brain differs from a neurotypical brain, stress and the learning brain, neuroplasticity, neuromyths
- ADHD and Academic Achievement: the impact that ADHD can have on academic achievement, reading, writing, and math
- Social-Emotional Supports for Students with ADHD: the Social-Emotional cycle, building awareness, cultivating skills and strategies, troubleshooting difficult behaviours
- Set-Up for Success: defining success, motivation, barriers to success, classroom interventions, self-advocacy
The course has been broken down into 10 modules. Each module is estimated to take approximately 3 - 4 hours to complete. All modules will be accessible from the date the course opens and progression through the modules occurs sequentially. You can work on each module on your own time and at your own pace for up to four months. Each module offers activities including viewing a Prezi presentation, a brief quiz, additional readings and/or resources and a short assignment or discussion post. An LD expert will be facilitating the course and will interact with students throughout the course. Students will also engage in online discussions with other students. This course is not graded, however, in order to earn a Certificate of Completion, all activities must be completed.
A new Course begins every August, December and April and have 16 weeks to complete all modules. Participants may enroll up to two months into a Course.
Teachers, administrators, educational assistants, and psychologists and counsellors who work with students.
- $275 for teachers, administrators and psychologists
- $175 for Educational Assistants, Early Childhood Educators and university students (must register with a university email address). Enter the Promotion Code DISCOUNT for this reduced rate.
Group rates and private groups are available. A private group can encourage team building, collaboration, and a shared language for staff at the same school.
5-9 participants: $200/person (a $50/person discount)
10-19 participants: $175/person (a $75/person discount)
20+ participants: $150/person (a $100/person discount)