Learning Disabilities & ADHD Network
The Learning Disabilities & ADHD Network is a collaborative initiative of a broad group of organizations, which is operated through Foothills Academy.
Pam Lougheed is the Manager of the Learning Disabilities & ADHD Network and is one of the Community Services Managers at Foothills Academy. Pam can be reached at email@example.com.
The Learning Disabilities & ADHD Network fosters collaborative action toward more effective and coordinated responses to meet the needs of people with Learning Disabilities and/or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
The Network’s goal is for individuals with Learning Disabilities and/or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) to have the necessary support, resources and opportunities within the Calgary Region to be successful and thrive.
- To encourage communication and collaboration among groups and organizations that serve the Learning Disabilities and ADHD population in the Calgary Region.
- To provide individuals and families with guidance for navigating services in the Calgary Region.
- To support community access to accurate knowledge about Learning Disabilities and ADHD in order to increase public awareness.
- To provide information about evidence-based practices in the identification and intervention of Learning Disabilities and ADHD.
Network Advisory Committee
Members of the Advisory Committee are knowledgeable, capable and passionate individuals from across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors in the Calgary Region who have a deep commitment to supporting the needs of people with Learning Disabilities and/or ADHD.
Role of the Advisory Committee
The Advisory Committee and Action Teams meet regularly to:
- Identify the evolving needs of the Learning Disability and ADHD population in the Calgary area;
- Strategize and collaborate in order to maximize support in the community for individuals with learning and attention issues;
- Share new learnings and exchange professional knowledge;
- Provide updated information and resources for the Network website
Membership in Advisory Committee
The Advisory Committee has a fluid membership, based on the availability and priorities of interested individuals/organizations. Numerous organizations have been involved with the Network since 2015, including:
ADHD Parent Links