Inside Learning Disabilities for Families
The LD for Families online course was created to allow parents to access evidence-based, reliable information, strategies and support for their children diagnosed with a Learning Disability. It is presented in a format that is convenient to access. Hectic lifestyles make it challenging to commit to attending in-person classes And, reading books or websites can leave a person feeling like they’re alone. Online learning options provide flexibility by being open 24/7. If desired, a parent can revisit the same content multiple times. It also allows parents the ability to access information when it’s convenient for them.
Having a child diagnosed with a Learning Disability can be overwhelming and isolating. This 10-module online course has been designed to increase your knowledge and understanding of Learning Disabilities. You will learn how Learning Disabilities can impact a child’s academics, behaviour, and well-being. You will learn about evidence-based strategies and tools to build your knowledge, skills and abilities which will increase your child’s success.
- Introduction to Learning Disabilities
- Examination of Specific Learning Disabilities
- The relationship between Learning Disabilities and executive functioning
- The impact that Learning Disabilities can have on social/emotional functioning
- Setting students up for success (e.g., transitions, self-advocacy, and collaboration)
- The disorders that frequently co-occur with Learning Disabilities (i.e., Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, depression, and anxiety)
- Learning Disabilities at school
- Strategies for school
- The learning brain
Learn at your own pace. The course is available whenever you are.
Parents, Caregivers and Family Members of children with Learning Disabilties